Chilly summer mornings & the navy blue sweater



As much as I love Madrid, the unpredictable weather is not among my favourite things about this gorgeous city. However, throughout the years I've learnt to dress accordingly. On most days, specially during Spring afternoons and Summer mornings, when the weather is warm and it's sunny outside but it can get chilly pretty quickly, my outfit to go is a pair of jeans, a tshirt and a thin sweater. 

This particular outfit is a selection of some of my most affordable pieces, the jeans and the graphic tshirt are from h&m, and the navy blue sweater is from Zara. When it comes to jeans, h&m is among my favourite brands, they offer a wide range of styles making it pretty easy for you to find your own. The quality is great and their price range is pretty low (around 25€). Same thing happens when it comes to tshirts. I always go for the cotton ones, which are super comfortable and nicely done! The prices go from 5 to 15€ usually.

Zara is also great to find affordable basics. I usually struggle with the sizes when it comes to most clothes (like dresses or bottoms), but have no issue finding lovely sweaters every now and then! This basic navy blue sweater has become one of my favourite pieces and it matches wonderfully with literally anything. It's a great piece to carry around when the weather is a bit unpredictable. You can easily throw it on and carry on with your day.

I always rely on accessories to upgrade my looks a little bit, and since these I wear more often and I can easily match them with any outfit, I do tend to spend a little bit more on them. I always look for easy to wear, practical and long lasting pieces that will easily give me a more distinguished look.

One of my favourite bags is this one from Polène, known as the Numèro Deux. It has two different compartments, each with its own zipper. It's made of leather and both the colour and the design are simply stunning. This bag has become my everyday bag. It fits lots of things and I can easily wear it to uni, the office and to hang out with friends. It fits a small notebook, my wallet, iphone, liptick, pens.. sometimes even my ipad!


I also don't mind spending a little bit more on shoes. I walk a lot everyday and I need my footwear to be comfortable. I thought I'd be forced to suffer a little bit when I ordered these pumps online (it was love at first sight), but to my surprise, they are very comfortable! They are nicely done, they're also made of leather and the design is simply stunning. 

I grew up watching Sex & the City, and it wasn't until I reached my 20s that I realised Carry was absolutely right: a great pair of shoes can upgrade literally any outfit. Barca is among my favourite brands when it comes to finding great quality shoes at great prices. They have a wide range of designs and they usually cost around 100€ (depending on the model). 

Check out this video on my youtube channel to find out in which other ways I style this basic look!

0 berries

Thanks for comment!