The everyday outfit


When it comes to fashion and the want to express yourself everyday in a way that makes you feel good, it's easy to get a bit lost in terms of what to wear in every-day situations, such as grocery shopping, grabbing a coffee with a friend or simply running errands. You want to be comfy and you want to look "chic" but you don't want to make it seem like you've spent hours getting ready either. The goal is to look effortlessly chic wearing whatever it is that we have at home. 

Today I'm showing you how I do that with two basics we all have at home and that we can easily find in any store on a budget: a basic tee & a pair of jeans.

Start off by selecting the jeans that look best on you, the light blue ankle jeans I'm wearing today are from h&m- I bought them a couple years ago for 25€ and they still look brand new (which is a miracle really taking in count how often I wear them and how careless I am with jeans in general.. they've been through it, trust me). Perfect for every season, investing in a great pair of jeans is always a good idea, but if you're on a budget, H&M is a great option as well. They have a great variety of pieces and sizes that will make it easier for you to find that one perfect pair.

When it comes to tshirts, the same is true: they tend to be around 10 or 15€ and they're 100% cotton (please make sure you check the label before buying one, just in case, cause not ALL of them are like this). I usually avoid the graphic tees because the design doesn't always last that long, but they have some really cute ones with embroidered texts on them that have personally lasted me years. 

Find whatever combo fits you and makes you feel best, and once you have that covered, it's time to move on to the styling. A great pair of shoes and a nice bag can elevate literally any look, giving you that "nicely put together" touch. 

My new favourite site when it comes to shoes is an Italian online store called BARCA, they have a great variety of designs making it very easy to find your perfect match. For me, these Beige Leather Pumps were it. It was love at first sight. Their price range is usually 100-120€ but taking in count they're made of leather and how comfortable they are, I'd highly recommend getting your next pair from them. They have a sale running at the moment so go check them out!

Remember that when buying for a shoe, the most important thing is comfort. Once that's covered, look for a material that will last you a long time. And even though it's always nice to have some very basic pairs that will be easy to combine with most of your clothes, don't forget to have fun every now and then. Don't underestimate the power of a pair of shoes you LOVE. The way they can boost your mood by just wearing them is simply amazing.

When it comes to bags, my favourite one is this Polène bag I got a few years ago. The design, the colour, the material, the size, everything about it screamed "perfection" when I first saw it. This is the "Numéro Deux" and sadly is no longer available. However, I highly recommend checking out their website and have a look at some of their new designs, because they surely do not disappoint. These are a bit more on the pricey side, their prices usually go from 300 to 400€, but if you are thinking on investing in a great quality bag, Polène is certainly the place to go. They are beautifully made, the designs help you elevate any look and it's seriously the perfect every-day bag. I ended up wearing mine almost on a daily basis, and I always get compliments on the bag. 

Plus if you go to uni or to the office everyday, you can check out the bigger ones and make the most out of it.

What about you? Which pair of shoes & what bag would you choose for an everyday look? 
Tag me on instagram on your posts or let me know in the comments below!

Hope you have a lovely week, and if you'd like to see other ways in which I style this basic look, check out this new video on my YouTube channel!

0 berries

Thanks for comment!